SFS2X Docs / Home / start
Welcome to the SmartFoxServer 2X online documentation.
Please choose a topic in the left menu to get started.
Sep 22nd, 2022
Updated Unity examples pack and tutorials.
- The new Connector example merges the previous Connector and Advanced Connector examples, showing how to perform the connection and login process including optional HTTP tunneling and/or protocol encryption activation.
- Three Lobby examples substitute and largely improve the previous Lobby and Buddy Messenger examples, showing how to create a progressively more complex lobby scene, featuring game launch, Buddy List management and interaction, match-making, invitations, public and private chat, etc.
- The Tic-Tac-Toe example (previously called Tris) implements a fully-featured lobby, game spectators and invitations.
- The MMO Basics example merges and updates the previous Object Movement and MMORoom Demo examples, now featuring a new 3D environment and the implementation of map limits and Area of Interest visualization.
- SpaceWar 2 is a new version of the old example; other than updating the overall game flow, new features have been added: it is now possible to play with a planet attracting starships and weapon shots, starships have a shield and they can be destroyed, starships can fire a secondary weapon, the game has a defined objective and a proper ending.
- All examples featuring multiple scenes have been updated to make use of a singleton class acting as a connection manager, representing the best practice when sharing the connection to SmartFoxServer among all the project scenes is needed.
- All examples feature a new UI.
- All examples have been upgraded to SFS2X C# API v1.7.17.
Feb 1st, 2022
Updated XCode setup documentation for Objective-C and Swift projects.
Sept 9th, 2021
Added Java Runtime Compatibilty document, for those interested in replacing the default SFS2X runtime
Jun 14th, 2021
In evidence from our blog
- Custom Room Storage with SFS2X 2.18
- Load balancing SmartFoxServer 2X with HAProxy
- SFS2X Memory settings and garbage collections (part 2)
- SFS2X Memory settings and garbage collections (part 1)
- Running multiple SFS2X instances (Tomact edition)
- Launching SmartFoxServer in the cloud
- Handling the server shutdown
- Understanding packet loss