SFS2X Docs / GettingStarted / client-api-as3
» Client API setup | ActionScript 3
The ActionScript 3 API is used to develop applications and games for all browsers running the Flash plugin. With Adobe Air it is also possible to create standalone versions and apps for iOS and Android devices.
The API supports Adobe Flash CS4 (and higher) and Adobe Flex Builder 3 (and higher). In Flex/Flash Builder UDP support is included for the AIR 2.0+ runtime. The API is distributed as a single SWC library file that can be easily added to your Flash/Flex Project.
» Installing under Flash
To install the API in Flash, follow these steps:
- choose File > Publish Settings from the main Flash menu and click the Flash tab;
- click the Settings button;
- in the window select the Library path tab;
- click the red SWC icon and navigate to your API folder;
- select the API SWC file and click Ok several times to close the various windows;
» Installing under Flex/Flash Builder
The quick way to add the SFS2X API to your Flex/Flash Builder is by adding the provided .swc file in the default libs/ folder available under every project.
If you prefer not to copy the library file you can do as follows:
- from the Package Explorer right click the icon of your project and choose Properties;
- in the new window select Flex Build Path;
- select the Library path tab and click the Add SWC... button;
- click Browse, navigate to your API folder and select the provided SWC file;
- close the various dialogue boxes.