SFS2X Docs / GettingStarted / client-api-java
» Client API setup | Java
The Java API is mainly used to develop native Android apps, but it is also compatible with any system supporting Java2 SE.
The API requires the Java SDK 1.6 or higher. The API is distributed as a number of JAR files including the main API JAR and additional dependancies. They can be easily added to your Java project in the development IDE of choice. Supposed you use IBM's Eclipse, you can do the following:
- create a lib/ folder in your project's main folder and copy all the JAR files of the API in it;
- from the Package Explorer right click the icon of your project and choose Properties;
- in the new window select Java Build Path;
- select the Libraries tab and click the Add JARs... button;
- navigate to the lib/ folder and select all the JAR files it contains;
- close the various dialogue boxes.